After a hefty amount of research online about North American women’s experiences with Frenchmen, I have come to the following conclusions:
– A Frenchman does not date, he has no knowledge of what this term means. Instead he hangs out with a group of friends, partners off with a girl he likes and falls into an immediate relationship.
– A Frenchman does not introduce you to anyone as his girlfriend. He does not like this term. Instead he shows up at parties with you and introduces you using your name. Seeing as you two showed up together, other guys should assume you are in a relationship.
– A Frenchman courts his, let’s say, ladyfriend, in a casual, informal way without anything being made official, even to each other.
– When a Frenchman introduces you to his mother, he is planning on marrying you.
– When a Frenchman kisses you, he is in an automatic exclusive relationship with you.
– A Frenchman will not continue to kiss you and have sex with you unless he is in love with you.
– THE BIG ONE: If you sit down and ask your Frenchman where things are heading, he will run. For an anglo this question means: Are we exclusive, are we in a relationship? But for a Frenchman, this question means: Do you want to marry me? Because, remember, in his mind you are already in a relationship, whereas for you, you are just dating.
I think I may have really messed up on most of these…
The cultural differences are so huge is it even possible for an anglo to date a Frenchman? You tell me.