Time for today’s keyword search: Why are Frenchmen so mean?
Thank you to whoever asked this question!
That’s quite the question… So are Frenchmen mean? Or are they just different?
Frenchmen live by a different dating culture. It’s very unlike an anglo’s dating culture. So unlike that they’re not always compatible if neither party is willing to compromise a little.
It takes getting to know this dating culture to understand a Frenchman. But of course, if he’s interested in you, he should be making an effort to understand your dating culture too. And then once you’ve understood your Frenchman a little more, you might realize he’s not being mean, he’s just being well, himself.
Ways in which one might think a Frenchman is mean:
– He might get really annoyed if you don’t put out
– He might even just drop you like a hot potato
– He might just drop you after you’ve had sex
– He might not return your texts in a timely manner if at all
– He might disappear for a week or two and then call you as if nothing happened
– He might go crazy on you if you don’t write back to his texts right away
– He might not be able to say the words, you’re my girlfriend
Some of these are just plain unacceptable of course. But there might be some things that you can learn to live with. It’s all about choosing your battles. And trying to not let the little things get to you.
Obviously, when you’re going through it, it’s not that easy. Been there, believe me. But if you want to date a Frenchman, that’s your lot unfortunately.
Luckily, Frenchmen can be charming as well. It’s not all bad! They can be wildly romantic, spout poetry, be gallant, attentive and lots more. It’s about finding that balance. Or… moving on.