Hi folks. So, in response to a comment on my last post yesterday, we’re going to delay talking about how to turn a horny Frenchman into your boyfriend and instead talk about…….. typical French dates!
So, if you’re seeing a Frenchman, what kind of dates is he going to take you on…
Let me dig into my bank of Frenchman date memories to give you a few examples:
– Dinner, could be French, Mexican, Italian, Japanese, but mainly French, with a bottle of wine.
– Drinks out on a terrasse if possible, even with your coat on, before/after dinner.
– A walk after drinks around Paris. Strolling across the bridges all lit up by moonlight with the Eiffel Tower twinkling in the background is magical. Paris is beautiful by moonlight. Your Frenchman might get you to hop a fence so you can walk down to sit by the Seine. You can dangle your legs over the side and watch the bateaux mouches go by…
– In the same spot as above, how about a picnic with a bottle of wine. Hopefully, your Frenchman will bring a blanket to lay over the cobblestones.
– A movie – definitely French, but some Frenchmen like American blockbusters in VO too.
– A park – great excuse to lie close on the grass and watch the clouds go by. You could easily stay there till the evening
– A walk in the cemetery – think it’s strange? it’s not! Père Lachaise and Montparnasse cemeteries are beautiful and very well-maintained. A great place to wander hand in hand and look at famous tombs.
– A falafel to go – rue des Rosiers in Paris has delicious falafels to go. Wander around the Marais chatting with your mouth full. Then head for an after-dinner drink.
– A concert in a bar – great excuse to lean in really close to hear each other speak.
– A weekend at the beach. Beware: this is a marathon date! You guys could drive to the beaches in Normandy for example and spend the weekend sunning yourselves, exploring the beaches, watching sunsets, and catching up on your… erm, reading. Please read this post before! If he’s not your boyfriend then NO SEX. Which makes it complicated re. the hotel room and one bed. Aha. More on that another time.
Et voilà !