I’m just gonna think this one out with you guys. For kicks.
So my Frenchman often can’t see me for reasons like:
– He’s hanging with a friend
– He’s helping a friend move
– He’s ironing his shirts
– He’s tired
– He’s going to squash
– He’s going to the gym
– He’s working late
And I’m expected to just deal.
And yet, if he wants to see me and I’m planning on going to the gym, have a night of studying I need to get through, or am meeting a friend for a drink, he’ll respond with:
– “Can’t you go to the gym another day?”
– “Well there’s no point in me coming over if you’re just going to study…”
– “Can’t you see your friend tomorrow when I’m at the gym?”
add a bit of a whiney voice for effect.
So I guess if I never gave way on my things, we wouldn’t see each other a whole lot. And seeing as someone needs to give way, it’s muggins.
Yeah. I hate being a muggins.
Yet, I am breathing and keeping my cool. Yes, I am.