A comment from a reader yesterday made me think about how I could not freak out on my Frenchman.
Here’s what I got so far:
– Think before I open my mouth
– Occupy my head space with studying
– Get my mind off it by cleaning
– Don’t be available so much
– Go to the gym more
– Call a friend instead of calling him to vent
– Occupy myself with other stuff
See, in the last few weeks I feel like I’ve barely seen my Frenchman. What with his work, his kids, his workout and squash night, I barely got a look in. Tonight he’s hanging out with a friend – that he hasn’t seen in a while. And tomorrow he’s helping a friend move – because he needs to return a favour.
So… I could be left with the tormenting question of: where does that leave me? Given that I am officially unemployed since yesterday, I could drive myself crazy wondering over and over why my Frenchman didn’t do something special for me this weekend to cheer me up. Or…… I could go for a jog and vacuum my apartment and say it doesn’t matter.
What do you say?