Thanks to Petite Belle for giving me the idea to write this post!
So, how to know if a Frenchman likes you, or not.
He likes you:
– He’ll make eye contact and maintain it, for much longer than usual
– He’ll get your phone number out of you or mutual friends and start incessantly texting you
– He will also call you
– He’ll invite you out for dinner
– He’ll invite you for a drink
– He’ll invite you for a coffee
– He’ll buy you little presents
– He’ll buy you big presents
– He’ll spend weekends with you
– He’ll cuddle up to you on the sofa
– He’ll take you in his arms on the street and passionately kiss you
– He’ll introduce you to all his friends
– He’ll hold your hand at dinner parties
– If he’s sitting across the table at a dinner party, he’ll wink at you and whisper, Tu es belle
– He’ll introduce you to his parents
– He’ll plan a vacation with you
He doesn’t like you:
– He only texts you at 10 o’clock at night
– This is for a booty call
– He doesn’t sleep over
– You won’t hear from him weeks at a time
– You don’t exist to his friends
– You guys may go out for dinner but he won’t pay
– He will cancel on you without hesitation
– He may not even cancel, he just won’t show up
– If you try and make plans with him, like even for coffee, he will freak out and say you’re asking for too much
– He’s probably got a few booty calls on the go at once
– He never wants to cuddle
– He never calls, only texts
This is the general gist of it. However, things aren’t always black and white. For example, my Frenchman most of the time doesn’t invite me, as in pay, when we go out for dinner. Now, I’ve dated some Frenchmen who have always insisted they pay. They’ve even been offended when I get out my wallet. But I’m pretty sure they were expensing it so it was no big deal. In the case of my Frenchman, we go halves, or sometimes he invites me just as sometimes I invite him.
On the other hand, my Frenchman has given me some lovely presents over the months. Like a cashmere sweater, a watch, a couple of dresses, boxes of chocolates, a cute money box, underwear, a coat. I’ve given him some lovely presents too, the big one being a birthday trip to Italy. I like him to spoil me. But I like to spoil him too. I think in a long-term relationship, it’s what happens. But maybe not always I guess if the guy is very traditional.
My point is that you can tell if a Frenchman isn’t in to you. Your gut will be telling you, no, yelling at you, that this guy is up to no good. So why let him take up your head space? Drop him and start looking for someone more interesting. Or, if you feel like keeping him around for the sex until you find someone else, then go right ahead, just don’t get attached.