This weekend I managed to glean some more info from my Frenchman. It was like getting blood out of a stone mind you. But I did it, all in the name of research.
My last post was about the perfect French woman. But are French women really like that? Or are they too good to be true?
Here are some pointers about what a Frenchman doesn’t like in a French woman. Obviously, these are specific examples and cannot be taken to apply to every woman in France. If any French woman passing through is offended, I apologize in advance. Sorry!
So, back to those pointers about what a Frenchman doesn’t like in a French woman:
– She doesn’t dress all that well
– She doesn’t look after herself
– She isn’t always hygenic
– She is too demanding
– She always expects her man to pay
– She has unrealistic, wildly romantic expectations
– Her man has to have it all – great job, fancy car, nice apartment, wads of money
– When the above three bullet points don’t pan out the way she wants, she dumps her man and moves on to the next
I also asked my Frenchman what I had that he liked, as a non-French woman, that French women did not have. Here’s what I got from his response:
– Nothing. Other than that he would probably have to collect the little pieces of me from several French women to get the equivalent of me.
(I don’t entirely agree with this conclusion because I am not French in my mind at all. But then I am bilingual, and have lived in francophone countries for 18 years…)
And now what my Frenchman doesn’t like about me, as a non-French woman, that French women do have. Here’s what I got from his response:
– My temperament fluctuates. I can be at 30% one day as I can be at 100% another day. In other words, I can be down one day as I can be super happy about something the next. While a French woman is more even tempered and operates at perhaps an even 60% on a constant basis.
– My need to know what’s going on, to have my life somewhat mapped out. A French woman just wings it.