LDRs are hard at the best of times. But if you really want to give it a go, you may need to make a few changes.
If you’re saying things like this to your Frenchman, you should stop:
– I’m so sad
– I miss you so much, I can’t take it anymore
– Why can’t we see each other sooner?
– How come you weren’t around last night?
– Where is all this heading?
– I feel so lonely and depressed right now
– I don’t have the energy to do anything
– I wish things were different
– Everything feels like bla
If you’re moping around the house and don’t have a life, you should stop.
If you’re wearing your pjs and haven’t washed your hair in 5 days when you talk to your man on skype, you should stop.
Why? Because going to the gym, meeting friends for a drink, going to an art exhibition, going to the movies gives you something to talk about with your Frenchman. It also puts you in a better light as in you’re an independent woman. Team that with making an effort wardrobe wise for your skype sessions and keeping it flirty and positive, and your Frenchman will be hooked. He’ll want to talk more because he’ll miss you more. I mean who wants to talk to someone who looks like hell and is whining all the time, right? You wouldn’t!
So remember: look good, smile, flirt, stay positive, have a life and keep it light. He’ll love it. And you’ll love the new you too.