If you’re new to this blog, you may be wondering why your Frenchman doesn’t plan ahead and organize a proper date with you. Well, it’s just because Frenchmen don’t plan dates. They just happen. And they’re not called dates btw. They’re called get togethers.
So what does that mean? Basically:
– You’ll get last minute phone calls to do something, like in 20 minutes
– You thought you guys were getting together that afternoon but he doesn’t show up until the evening
– You thought you guys were going out for a drink just the 2 of you but 8 of his friends are there too
– He rings your doorbell without calling beforehand
– You’re out for a walk with your Frenchman which turns into meeting his parents
No amount of saying that you prefer advance warning will make a difference. So quit while you’re ahead because if you push your anglo sense of dating too much, he’ll get annoyed. Instead, if you like your Frenchman, you’ll have to roll with it. Like French women do. You don’t always have to be available though. You can say you have plans already. Even if it’s not strictly true. And by that I mean you’re watching The Mentalist in your pjs and haven’t washed your hair in 3 days. You just better cross your fingers he doesn’t ring your doorbell!