This post is a special request from Sher. In her comment on my last post she asked how the land would lie with a Frenchman 7 or 8 dates after sleeping with him.
So hopefully you didn’t sleep with him before you were ready. As in, you either waited a few weeks to get to know your Frenchman more, or you decided to throw caution to the wind with no expectations. 7 or 8 dates after having sex for the first time, I’d like to hope that things are going the way you want them to. But remember, there’s no way of knowing ahead of time how things will pan out. It’s a case of trial and error and relying on your gut instinct.
Here are a few scenarios:
- If it’s a relationship you’re after, if things are going well, chances are that you guys are practically living together by this point. He’ll be texting you all the time. He’ll be wanting to spend every waking moment with you. He may even have already said I love you. Or he’s going to say it soon. After his first I love you, over the new few months, things will move forward at breathtaking speed. He’ll introduce you to his friends as his girlfriend, he’ll invite you to parties, he’ll take you away for the weekend. It’s blatantly clear he’s super interested the moment he invites you to lunch with his parents.
- If it’s a relationship you’re after, but things aren’t going as well as you’d hoped, maybe you’re not sure where you stand at this point. You really want to ask him but you’ve read this blog so you hold your tongue. Instead, you apply the mirror technique and whenever you see your Frenchman, you’re your fun, witty, flirty self. Things will either develop naturally in the right direction or they’ll fizzle out.
- If it’s a relationship you’re after, but things aren’t going well at all, maybe you feel like you’re doing most of the running at this point. Maybe you don’t see each other as often as you’d like. Maybe he doesn’t always answer your texts all that quickly or at all. I hate to break it to you but he may just be hanging out with you until he meets someone else he’s more interested in. In this kind of case, you don’t really need to apply the mirror technique. You know deep down that he’s just not that into you.
- If it’s a fling you’re after, if things are going well, you’re having a great time. You’re not counting how many dates you’ve had, you’re just having fun, no strings attached. As is your Frenchman.
- If it’s a fling you’re after, but things aren’t going that well, you don’t really care because you’ve already moved on to a new prospect.
Hope this helps Sher!